Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Work, work and more work

Today was a very productive day for me. I got so much done at work - even though you still can't see my desk for all the piles of papers that I have everywhere. That almost 2 months that I didn't work I don't think I will ever get caught up on. It sucks when you are the only one that does your job and you have no backup to help out when a girl is close to dying. I mean, c'mon!!!

Then this afternoon I went to the eye doctor. Everytime I go, I am afraid that he is going to tell me that my eyes are inflamed again and I have to get an injection in them. Yes, people a shot IN MY EYE. Let me tell you, it hurts like hell. Then my eye gets all red and puffy from the medication that he just put in. But, lo and behold I actually got good news. He said that there was absolutely no inflammation and that I was good to go. About freaking time a doctor told me something good. I'm sitting in the waiting room and who is right across from me but my physician boss, Dr. VH. He is a very abrupt man but I think that he has a little soft spot for me because once we were alone, he looked at me and said, "Ok, how are you REALLY feeling?" I thought very quickly, should I lie and let him believe that everything is roses and sweet puppy dogs or should I tell him the truth so that if I do mess up at work in the near future, he will remember this conversation and cut me a little slack. Take my word for it when I say, this man shows no one any slack. Big time ball buster - if I had balls. Va-jay-jay buster I should say. So, I told him the truth. His response, "Well, shit." He says that a lot to me, when I take him something to sign or look at or tell him about another one of our meetings, pretty much a lot. He's kind of funny when he says it.

Anyhoo, so the girls at BVA are the best. I don't feel like a patient there, I feel like one of the girls. And, today they were all wearing these little flower rings that came off of cupcakes and they gave me one!!! FLOWER POWER!! I felt very special. I usually am scared to death everytime I go there because I don't want to hear bad news, but they always manage to make me feel better. Love them all for that!!

At least my day will end on a good note because Big Brother is on tonight. Very pumped about that. As I am watching it, I will feel a little closer to you, Kimmy knowing that you are watching it too. Sometime anyway. How does that work? If it is 8:00 here and 6:00 there, what time is it here when it comes on for you? That confuses me a little.

That was pretty much my day in a nutshell. Take it, enjoy it, wrap it up and put it in your pocket! Love to all....

1 comment:

Kim said...

I took it, I enjoyed it, I wrapped it up and put it in my pocket. :o)

You made me laugh out loud over the Vajayjay buster. You are too funny. I miss spending time with you, my dearest and oldest friend!