Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Love of a Child

Today was a first class sucky, crappy, bitchy kind of day (except for one occasion which I will get to later). First of all, I forgot to blog last night. Here I am brand new at this and already forgetting and it hasn't even been a week!!! What is my deal???

Today at work I had to deal with a guy that I really can't stand. He thinks that he is the coolest thing to walk the halls of Valley View and yet he has to wear long sleeves EVERYDAY because of the amount of tattoos on his arms. He's late 30's, in a band, flirts with everything in a short skirt and is pretty much just an ass. But, unfortunately, he is in a position where if there is a problem with your computer, you kind of have to have his help. I have been trying to get his help with a conversion on my computer since July 1 and he keeps putting me off saying that he has called who he is supposed to and they won't call him back. SO, I decided to call his bluff today and I called the people myself. Got right through and immediately we had a time set up where THEY are going to do the conversion for me and I don't even have to deal with that worthless, lazy, son of a monkey lover!!!!

Then I go to another eye doctor to get new lenses for my glasses and they look at each other in confusion and look at the schedule and say "Oh, honey your appointment is tomorrow" Well, shit. Another lunch down the drain, monkey bitch!!!!!!

About 2:00, I get a notice that my dear friend has her 8 month old up at her office. Now, let me tell you.... I love this little guy. First of all, he has the biggest blue eyes and longest eyelashes on a little boy that I have ever seen. So, what do I do??? Walk as fast as my gimp leg will let me to get to him. He smiles at me and we start playing (while he is still safely in mommy's arms. I know enough to know that you don't just walk in and immediately snatch up a child, hence they will start crying. You also talk very softly, not loud as you will give the poor baby a heart attack) See, I don't need to have children to know anything about them. I love babies so much and all I want is for them to love me. So, mommy has to do some actual work for a little bit and asked me to watch him! Uh, duh!!! So, we play and sing and then I take him over to see her co-workers. Remember above when I said that there was one occasion that didn't make this day so sucky???? Well, get ready my friends because here it is. I handed him to one of the girls and IMMEDIATELY his little, precious, adorable face wrinkled up and he started crying. Then he did the one thing that I dream of all babies doing to me. He reached up his little arms for ME!!!! He has never done that. So, of course I immediately snatch him back from the evil, hateful woman that had to have him in the first place. He wouldn't go to anyone else and kept putting his little head a little closer to my chest everytime someone reached for him. I wanted to sing from the top of the hospital or something just as dramatic. But, given my luck, I would have fallen off the building into a lot of tangly, thorny bushes and crashed a little old woman that was being discharged. It was great. I realized that this innocent little angel knew that all I had was love for him and he felt comfortable with me enough to only want me. Last couple of days, I have not felt love from anyone or anything (part of the crappy, shitty day) but today, little Carson made it all better. He put a Band-aid on my boo-boo and made my day a little easier to deal with. Amazing what children are capable of doing!!!

I'm out, sorry about missing yesterday. It would have been suicidal depressing, take my word for it. You wouldn't have wanted to hear it anyway. Loves and kisses......

3 comments:

Kim said...

Smart kid! Wish I could be there to make you laugh and maybe help make it easier to get through those horrible, shitty, bitchy days.

** Lindsay** said...

Trust me, my farthest away friend in the whole freaking universe and yet the one I think of when I need to laugh or remember good times or just need you, I wish you were here too. You would definitely make it easier. trust me on that one. You and M/M would just do the trick.... Love you!

Browns said...

Oh girl--I love you!