Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Who knew garage sales could be fun?

I know, I know, It's been a couple of days. What can I say? I forgot and when I did remember, I couldn't bring myself to go to the computer. So, here is the last couple of days in a nutshell. Saturday, got a wild hair up my bumhole and went garage sale-ing with the parentals. Mom had the list all ready in order of addresses, which ones were closest to which ones were farthest. First two totally sucked, lots of baby clothes that were stained and had holes. C'mon people, really!!!! Then we went to one in Norris Hills and I am thinking, "Maybe this one has possibility, it's in a good neighborhood and by the Country Club" The first thing I find is a pair of white capris from STEVE AND BARRY'S. I had hit the mother load. And they were even in my size. Couldn't be any better. I was so pumped. Got a GAP shirt and had an armful of Gap dress shirts but I decided against all the others and just got a couple. There was one that I wanted to get my dad really bad. It had this little ole man on it and it said, "I'm Jack Schitt. If anything happens to you and you need law help, just tell them you know Jack Schitt." I was rolling. Only in Oklyhomey. It was hilarious. Then I went to another one by myself and got two Nike shirts with $24 tags still on them for $1. It was like the clouds opened up and the sun shone right down on me.

My mom and dad had to be in a couples golf tournament and had to be at the country club like an hour before the thing started because they had to get everything "together". It takes you an hour to get your cart, get your water and put your clubs in the back of the cart? It takes 5 minutes to do that, they wanted to socialize and they know it. I dressed them and they had on matching outfits. Cutest little parents I have ever seen. Dad had on a sage green shirt with white shorts. Mom had a sage green/white shirt with a sage green "skort" (these things are huge with the female golfing community. Whatever. Mom had on a matching visor and socks. I was so proud I had to take their picture. They matched on Sunday too by the way and were not as equally cute, but still pretty damn cute. So, it was only like 8:00am by this time and I was like, are you kidding???? All that garage sale-ing and it is only 8:00?????? I technically should still be asleep. WTF????

So, I went home, back to bed for a little bit, then my room got really bright (I have shitty blinds) and the sun was shining right on my face. SUCK!!! So, I started my own garage sale stack. Went through all drawers and closets and got stacks and stacks and stacks of crap that I want to sell so I can get some $$$$ so I can make a certain trip to Oregon to see my bestest friend, her sweet baby and her awesome husband. See, Kim I am trying!!!

That's all, folks. Sorry it took me a while to come back. Been a long week not to mention tiring.... Loves and kisses to all!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

I SOOO love how your mom is still totally into garage sales. That rules.

Anonymous said...

score with the bargains, linds! that should make the parents so proud.

Browns said...

I had a garage sale--where were you? JK Let me know when you have yours--I'll stop by!