Saturday, August 9, 2008

Today = good day

So, I yesterday I had my knee injected with some loverly steroids and painkillers and it hurt like a mutha..... But, the knee seems to be feeling somewhat a little better today. So, the pain and agony was well worth it. I told my orthopod that if things keep going down the same path that they are on now, as of January we are going under the knife (left knee replacement), he is going to have to get 2 anesthesiologists in there to assist with the intubation (needless to say, I am a HORRIBLE intubatee) and he could go to work doing what he does best. He laughed and said, "Well, since you have it all figured out, just tell me when to be there." I said, "No, prob doc" I love my orthopod and my PCP, they are husband and wife, work in the same building and I love them. First of all, she was at the hospital at 4:30 in the am when I was not breathing and stayed pretty much all day by my side. Love her!!! If she hadn't been on the ball as much as she was, we(the whole fam) truly believe that I would have died. Not a pretty picture. And he uses all the new techniquies, and his patients are in and out within days and can do therapy from home and not have to be admitted to the Rehab unit in the hospital. I am pumped for that!!! In 8 days, we (my orthopod and myself) are going to try this new thing where he injects synthetic synovial fluid into my knee. Basically, for those of you arthritis illiterate, the synovial fluid is what lubricates (haha) your cartilage in your knee so that the cartilage doesn't wear down. Without it, cartilage wears down and you have bone on bone action which is when it gets pretty bad and painful and downright makes me an unhappy bitch. So, that was yesterday.

Came home last night to find the cutest little motor scooter in the driveway. Dad broke down and got one. It's silver (so it matches his truck), seats two people, has a totally cute little place in the back where you can pick up the seat and put stuff like purses, bags, whatever in it. Mom, who two weeks ago was vehement about no way in hell was she getting on one of those. Well, she comes bee-bopping out of the house wanting to know if they were taking it to couples golf. Dad said, "Well, I am are you comng with me?" "Well, yes" was her response like what the hell was he talking about. It was so cute to see them take off going like 3-4 mph. I made them promise me that they would call the second that they made it safely to the country club. They were fine, but dad really wants a helmet. It's not law, but he wants one anyway and I am like "GO DADDY".

Today, we got up and went to garage sales for week #2. How proud are you of me????? I found the cutest little shelf (don't know where I am going to put it as of this moment, but I will prevail) for only $2. How in heaven's name could I not pass it up? It was a pretty unproductive garage sale day. Came home to find my youngest aunt here. She had come to Ada to see Poppi (my grandpa and her dad) and to take me shopping for my birthday. I really think that I am too old for my aunts to keep buying me birthday presents, but I sure as hell ain't saying no..... I'm not crazy.

So, she my mom and myself take off to Cato. LOVE THAT STORE. I was coming out of the dressing room and lo and behold their is my other aunt (mom's younger brother's wife) Now take into consideration that already bought me a pair of $29 earrings. This is the same aunt who lived in Arizona for most of my life and I never heard anything from either of them on my birthday. So, I try on this really cute little dress and everybody loved it. I loved it, put it the maybe stack and THEN looked at the price tag. For Cato, it was a little much so I put it in the no stack. When I was telling my mom what I voted for, my aunt Debbie was all into that dress. How much, what size, where was it. So, I thought she was going to get one for her. She check out and handed me the bag and said "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" I was like but you got me those earrings, and she waa all, "But that dress was too cute, you had to have it." Hey, I once again ain't saying no!!

Then, mom and dad and I made the trek to Pete's Place for my birthday dinner. It was divine. Heaven on a plate. I always get Chicken Parmiagian and it did not let me down. Yummy-Yummy down my tummy. Anyhoo, it was a great dinner. We brought more than 75% of it home for yummy leftovers. It was great.

oh, how could I forget??? I forgot to tell you guys that my mom and dad aren't leaving until Wednesday!!!! Make a me a very happy girl! This way, they'll be here on Monday and that is what counts!Well, this was a super dooper long one. Probably because I missed last night and will probably miss tomorrow night as well. So, you are getting a double dose of me!!! HaHaHa!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're having a better day today. Pete's is my FAVORITE place in the world to eat, it's so yummy!
I'd like to see your dad and mom on the scooter. Did I mention that your dad has great legs?
Susan M.

Browns said...

Happy Birthday! Sure do love you!

** Lindsay** said...

Yes, Susan I think that you might have mentioned before (like a zillion times) that my daddy has great legs. It actually embarasses him so I tell him all the time! HaHa!